Ready to make your move? Buying a home doesn’t have to be stressful. We remain involved at every stage of the purchase: initial home search, negotiation, going to contract and closing. Our goal is to make the buying process as seamless as possible, exceeding our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It is one of the reasons that the majority of our business comes from referrals. Our comprehensive and success-oriented approach ensures that clients return to us again and again throughout their lifetimes. We look forward to working with you!
WHAT TO EXPECT…
Initial Phone Consultation
Prior to your first appointment, we suggest scheduling a complimentary 15 minute phone consultation. During this time, Kathy will discuss what you are looking for, your buying and/or selling goals, as well as any other specific questions you need addressed before beginning the process. We are happy to, at this time, discuss options for staging your property, if this applies to your situation. If you are a buyer who will be obtaining financing, we can also discuss options for lenders and make recommendations, if need be. Our goal is to make you feel as confident and excited about the process from the start. To schedule an initial phone call, please contact us.
We know that purchasing a home is a major life event, and understand how personal the process is. Our first meeting will be as educational as possible so that we can determine the right fit for you. We’ll discuss:
- What features are most important to you in a property?
- Your purchase price range.
- Current market conditions, and what your dollar can buy.
- Successful negotiation tactics.
- How we work, and answer any additional questions you may have about the process.
3 STEPS TO TAKE BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
Step 1: Start Your Research At Home
As early as possible, it’s helpful to start searching for real estate listings online. Make a note of featured in homes you are interested in, and notice how long properties you like stay on the market. This will give you an idea of how the market is trending in certain areas.
Step 2: Determine How Much House You Can Afford
While you should make determinations on home affordability based on your own personal financial situation, Lenders recommend that, if you are planning to make a 20% down payment for your property, you look for homes that cost no more than 3 – 5 times your annual household income.
This Affordability Calculator is extremely helpful in determining how much house you can afford at this point in time.
Step 3: Get Prequalified and Preapproved for credit for Your Mortgage
The best way to find out how much you can actually spend on your investment is to get prequalified for a mortgage. This simply involves providing some financial information to your mortgage banker (such as your income and the amount of savings/investments you currently have). After reviewing this information, you lender will let you know a price range that you can afford. Later, it will be necessary to get pre-approved for credit, which will involve providing more specific financial documents (i.e. W-2 statements, paycheck stubs, bank statements, etc.) so that your lender can verify your financial status.
- 1801 SabrinaCorona Del Mar, CA
4 Beds | 4 Baths | 4,500 sq. ft.Sold for $5,250,000Offered at $5,250,000VIEW PROPERTYSold
- 151 N Pine StOrange, CA
3 Beds | 1 Bath | 1,279 sq. ft.Offered at $875,000Pending
- 10692 Hastings DriveVilla Park, CA
5 Beds | 3 Baths | 3,213 sq. ft.Offered at $1,375,000VIEW PROPERTYActive
- 536 N Commonwealth AveLos Angeles, CA
9 Beds | 6 Baths | 4,440 sq. ft.Sold for $1,765,000Offered at $1,765,000VIEW PROPERTYSold
- “Kathy’s the best! She has helped us buy three homes so far, including a complicated short sale, a bankruptcy sale, and a sale that was nearly bungled by a inadequate loan officer. In each case Kathy was a sort of sea captain sailing through a storm, not only dealing with crises, but also with our fears and lack of knowledge. She was inevitably correct in her dealings, and each sale was a success. She became our family realtor. If we decided to buy another house, we would call her immediately, confident that we’d have much of the knowledge we needed right then over the phone. She gets our Hero Realtor award. ”Jim & Viki B.
- “My wife and I have worked with Kathy twice now. Besides her overall knowledge of the housing market, she clearly explains every step of the process before and during. One of our favorite things about Kathy is that she will give advice on a particular option and then step back so you can make the final informed decision yourself. Even through stressful times like awaiting offer acceptance, she’ll reach out just to make sure you are comfortable. When and if we sell our current home, Kathy will be the first person we call. ”Stephen & Kristina R.
- “Kathy Rodriguez helped us to buy our starter home as a newly married couple over six years ago, and made it such a pleasant experience, that we didn’t hesitate for a moment to reach out to her when we recently sold that house and bought our dream home. In both instances, Kathy treated us like family, always going above and beyond. She helped us to stage our starter home and I’m convinced it was her excellent eye that ensured that our house sold for well over asking. She is knowledgable, well-respected, and a pure joy to work with. We would never think about selling or buying a home without her by our side and we have recommended her to countless friends and family members. ”Michael & Abbe L.
- “Kathy transformed the difficult and often scary home buying process into one that was not only easy to understand, but fun! We worked with her to purchase our home several years ago, and are so pleased with the results. She helped guide us through every step, thoughtfully listening to our personal goals, and ultimately working her magic to negotiate a deal on a home that we originally thought was out of our price range. We were thrilled! Her knowledge of market trends and savviness in this industry is unparalleled. She is a joy to work with, and we continue to recommend her to family and friends. We would never think about make a move or investment in the future without calling Kathy first! ”Adam & Lisa L.